It is not only you who suffers from acne, almost everyone does. With the right treatment, you will become successful treating them. Lucky to those people who do not went through this dilemma but to those who do, this can be one of the most challenging and somehow irritating time of their lives.
The good news is, there are good ways to treat and avoid acne. To help you further, below are things you can do to make it happen.
What To Do When You Have Acne?
Washing face is nothing but easy, damp your face, wash it with soap, rinse and wipe it dry. Unfortunately, that is not the case for people who are experiencing acne, it is harder and trickier, more time and effort is required to keep acne away.
- Choose the right cleanser
One of the first things you must consider is choosing the right cleanser to get rid of bacteria on your skin. Thorough cleaning can help big time in removing dead cells on face surface, giving acne medication easier to get absorbed.
To help you avoiding acne, it is highly suggested that you choose cleansers that are strong enough to remove bacteria while keeping your face clean. Avoiding harsh soaps is a must as it strips off your face natural oils.
Scrubbing and harsh cleansers will leave your skin irritated and red, and may promote flare ups on the already existing acne.
You can ask your dermatologist of cleansers they can recommend if your skin has a special case. Consider buying cleansers that are available over the counter so you can buy it anytime you need.
To help you find the right cleanser, read through below:
- Choose nonabrasive, alcohol free and gentle cleanser
- You can ask your dermatologist of their recommendation on the best cleanser appropriate to your treatment program.
- Cleansers come in different forms, some are for oily skin, others are for dry skin and there are some for combination of dry and oily
- There are medicated cleansers that are available in the market today, and they contain acne fighting ingredients, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, or sodium sulfacetamide to name a few. All the ingredients mentioned and more can help cleaning your face better than ordinary cleansers
- It is also recommended that you look for cleansers that have emolients like ceramides, mineral oil, lanolin and petrolatum. This can help holding skin’s moisture and exfoliating skin’s rough areas
- Consider adding some of the following to your face cleaning routine
- Toner: This is a good way to restore your face’ natural pH balance
- Exfoliating regularly can help removing your skin’s dead cells and make your pores open.
- Use moisturizer: This is a good way to prevent skin from dehydrating, particularly if you are using treatments for acne as it dries the skin. Use a moisturizer that has a label “non comedogenic”.
- Read reviews from experts
Using the power of the internet, you can read reviews from experts, dermatologist, doctors and even those who have had experienced acne. When reading reviews though, it is highly recommended that you consider the following:
- Read reviews only from trusted individuals. There are some who post reviews only for the purpose of advertising products or clinics. Make sure that you are reading clip or articles from people you can trust like doctor, dermatologist or someone that is highly qualified to believe in
- Do not believe reviewer’s statement immediately. Try to investigate further by reading other reviews and checking more about the products in question
- If you are doubtful with what you read, or your skin is highly sensitive, it is best if you visit a dermatologist instead
- Follow these basic tips for acne skin care
- Wash your face twice in a day, one in the morning and one at night. If you perspire too much, wash your face immediately as perspiration could make your existing acne worse
- When washing your face, put a pea amount of cleanser on our fingers, massage and do not rub or scrub hard as it may damage or dry out skin even more. Use a lean and soft cloth when drying your face
- Be thorough: Yes, acne is most visible to the face but there are other parts of the body that acne may also burst out like at the back. Make sure that you treat them as well. They may not be visible but it may get worse if you ignore them
- Protect your skin: Yes, the treatment does not end after you went out of the bathroom, as you must protect your skin as well. There are available non-comedogenic sunscreen in the market today you can use to protect your skin from UV and UVB. Choose SPF of at the least 30 to ensure that your skin is well protected from the harmful rays of the sun
There are many available cleansers in the market today, they will all claim they are the best but unfortunately they are not. Take advantage of cleansers made to treat acne. There are a lot to choose from, click here to help you more about choosing the best cleanser for you.
Acne can be an issue but needless to say, it can be treated. The tips and guidelines above can help you become successful clearing and cleaning your skin.